Gas rotary filler
Rotary machine designed for the introduction of gas into the cans already containing products, dedicated specifically to the market for ready meals (obtained by mixing different bases of vegetables, tuna and sauces) to ensure optimum conservation by replacing air with an inert gas, and thus avoiding the use of preserving liquids such as oil, brine, sauces etc.
Most of the manufacturers of these ready meals use deep-drawn aluminum or tinplate cans, with easy peel lid to seam.
The most common formats are the single portion pack of 160 gr and 250 gr, both packed in clusters composed of two cans.
The can arriving from the telescopic filler are transferred to the filler. Here the oxygen contained into the cans is replaced with a mixture of nitrogen.
The process is carried out under high vacuum.
The cans are then transferred to the seamer in a tunnel pressurized and saturated with nitrogen.
All the process is controlled by gas analyzers that regulate the dosage of nitrogen based on the concentration detected.
- The cans are transferred by the inlet star on the lifting plates
- The can is raised until the closure of the bell
- The air in the can is sucked through the collector of the vacuum circuit
- Injection of inert gas through the collector of the vacuum circuit
- The can enters the tunnel that connects the filler to the seamer, and that is saturated with gas
- The cans reaches the seamer where, before the operation of seaming, gas is injected betwee lid and can.
- Can infeed conveyor provided with worm screw
- the filler is equipped with nozzles for the automatic washing at the end of production. The cocks are raised allowing the spray nozzles to reach the internal areas. Nozzles, properly positioned, ensures the removal of any product that could be fallen, even when the machine is running
- Rotary group with valves equipped with stainless steel bell and tank for inert gas
- collector / distributor for vacuum and gas
- sealed tunnel for can transfer, with gas injection nozzles to keep the cans in saturated atmosphere during the passage to the seamer
- liquid ring vacuum pump with tank in stainless steel
- Parts in contact with the product are made of stainless steel AISI 316
- automatic centralized lubrication
- In the case the product contains vegetable or sauces having small dimensions (corn, lentils etc..) the vacuum is gradually created in two steps to avoid the product can sucked out from the cans
- ready meals
- legumes etc..