MECAIR MA-R / MECAIR MA-P
The product to be thermally-treated is placed on a flexible belt, either orderly or randomly, where the product remains motionless. The belt runs a spiral-shaped path where the product is subjected to a strong flow of cold/hot air. Frequently, the heat treatment is followed by a cooling phase.
The belt drive is based on a simple and reliable central drum system and requires low tensioning for correct operation. The dwell time/speed of the belt is regulated with frequency variators.
A special horizontal air circulation system ensures a high degree of temperature uniformity across the belt.
The whole system is enclosed within an insulated cabin.
Each standard MECAIR MA-C and MA-P system can be individually configured to match customer needs and specifications.
- Spiral conveyor system available with ascending or descending design, clockwise or counterclockwise travel, with one or more drums and with belt inlet and belt outlet matched to customer workflow.
- The conveyor system accepts both stainless steel belts and modular plastic belts, which can be fitted with lane dividers and sideboards. For pasteurizing/heating applications the choice is restricted to stainless steel belts.
- System dimensions can be adapted to the available space by changing the drum diameter.
- Flow rate and speed of the air circulation are fixed. Air speed regulation is available upon request.
- Heat exchangers are available for saturated steam and pressurized hot water. Material available: stainless steel pipes-aluminium fins.
- Direct steam injection can be added to increase heating performance.
- Evaporators are available for Freon, Ammonia or CO2 feeding. Material available: copper pipes-aluminium fins, stainless steel pipes-aluminium fins, galvanized carbon steel. Time-between-defrosts can be extended thanks to the defrost system.
- Ambient air cooling and combination of ambient air cooling with chilled air cooling are available for energy saving.
- Heat exchangers are available for tower-water feeding (in case of products to be cooled at 40°C).
- Defrosting can be end-of-shift (with hot gas, electric heaters, water) or sequential with hot gas.
- Insulated cabins feature a pre-painted or stainless steel finish; the latter is also available in fully-welded execution. Insulation with PIR foam (coolers) or rock-wool (pasteurizers).
- Insulated cabin floor covered by water-tight stainless steel sheet, welded on site.
- 3 washing systems (end of shift) are available with increasing degree of automation and sanitation.
- Automation system featuring PLC, PC and Touch-screen interface used to select the working cycle and to set the work parameters (recipes) in a user-friendly and intuitive way.
- Remote control, storage of alarms and their retrieval or transfer to the management systems are available.
- No possibility of product contamination thanks to lubrication-free conveyor system
- High mechanical reliability and stability of spiral conveyor
- Reduced belt wear and elongation thanks to the drive system requiring low tensioning
- No belt flipping thanks to proprietary software for automatic adjustment of belt tension
- All spiral structures, including drum, made of stainless steel
- A special horizontal air circulation system, specifically developed for pasteurizers, ensures a high degree of temperature uniformity on all pathways/locations across the belt.
- Low electric consumption thanks to horizontal air flow and evaporators with extra-large fin spacing (coolers)
- Circulation fans placed in dry zone for minimisation of clogging (coolers)
- Long work cycles due to evaporators with large and decreasing fin-spacing. No frost-blowing systems required for most applications (coolers)
- Low cost of spare parts and maintenance activities due to utilization of high quality commercial components
Greater belt widths available upon request
- Linear or spiral hot-hold, for packaged products, hot-filled (coolers)
- Product dividers to match production characteristics with belt width
- Cooling of non-packaged solid products fed in bulk or in rows
- Cooling of packaged products: solid, liquid or mixes
- Pasteurizing and cooling of food products packaged in flexible or rigid containers (packaged fresh noodle, packaged sausages, etc.)