SPIRAFREEZE SFC Spiral Freezers
The product to be frozen is placed on a flexible belt, either orderly or randomly, where the product remains motionless. The belt runs a spiral-shaped path where the product is subjected to an intense flow of chilled air.
The belt drive is based on a simple and reliable central drum system and requires low tensioning for correct operation. The dwell time/speed of the belt is regulated with frequency variators.
The horizontal air circulation system combined with evaporators of the flat-fin, decreasing-spacing type, ensures temperature uniformity and low energy consumption.
The whole system is enclosed within an insulated cabin.
The SPIRAFREEZE SFC is available in 6 standard configurations and 4 standard tier pitches.
- Stainless steel support frame - no civil works required for installation.
- Spiral conveyor system available with ascending design, clockwise or counterclockwise travel, and standard belt inlet and belt outlet configurations.
- The conveyor system accepts both stainless steel belts and modular plastic belts, which can be fitted with lane dividers and sideboards.
- System dimensions are fixed for all configurations.
- Air speed regulation is available, upon request.
- Evaporators are available for Freon, Ammonia or CO2 feeding.
- Defrosting is end-of-shift (with electric heaters, water, hot gas).
- Insulated cabins feature a pre-painted or stainless steel finish. Insulation with PIR foam.
- Insulated cabin floor covered with water-tight stainless steel sheet.
- 2 washing systems (end-of-shift) are available with increasing degree of automation and sanitation.
- Automation system featuring PLC, PC and Touch-screen interface used to select the working cycle and to set the work parameters (recipes) in a user-friendly and intuitive way.
- Remote control, storage of alarms and their retrieval or transfer to the management systems are available.
- Quick installation, possibility to move the unit easily
- No possibility of product contamination thanks to lubrication-free conveyor system
- High mechanical reliability and stability of spiral conveyor
- Reduced belt wear and elongation thanks to the drive system requiring low tensioning
- No belt flipping thanks to proprietary software for automatic adjustment of belt
- All spiral structures, including drum, made of stainless steel
- Circulation fans placed in dry zone (without clogging)
- Long work cycles due to evaporators with large and decreasing fin-spacing. No frost-blowing systems required for most applications
- Low cost of spare parts and maintenance activities due to utilization of high quality commercial components
- Non packaged solid medium- to large-size products, fed in bulk or in an orderly way: vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, oven products, pizzas, etc.
- Non packaged soft medium- to large-size products thanks to optional tangential feeders
- Packaged products: trays, pouches, cups containing solid, liquid or solid-liquid mixes such as ready-made dishes, ice-creams, etc.
- Tangential feeders for soft products
- Product divider to match production characteristics with belt width