MECDRY MF Superimposed Belt Dryers
Air drying is obtained with circulation of hot and dry air which flows through the product and extracts moisture from it. The hot and humid air is then partially extracted from the dryer and it is replaced with hot dry air.
The product to be dried is loaded, in a thick and adjustable layer, on a special heat-resistant linear conveyor. A vertical airflow (bottom-up or top-down) goes across the slats and the product layer. The conveyor system of MECDRY MF is made of several superimposed conveyors. Product is fed on the upper conveyor and falls on the lower conveyor at the end of each path. The speed of each belt is independently regulated, thus allowing for product accumulation.
The horizontal conveyors go across vertical drying sections, which have independent air circulation. Temperature and fresh air make-up are constant in all sections.
The number of sections and conveyors in a MECDRY MF is determined based on the product type and working capacities required.
MECDRY MF is frequently used as a finisher, after a MECDRY MD dryer, for the equalization of the moisture level within the product.
- Linear conveyor system made of perforated stainless steel slats mounted on sturdy lateral drive chains. Teflon coated slats available upon request.
- Belt speed regulation with frequency variators.
- Insulated drying sections feature external stainless steel finish and internal fireproof rock-wool lining.
- Air heating units available: heat exchangers fed with saturated steam, methane gas burners, air-to-air heat exchangers fed with combustion gases.
- Flow rate and speed of the air circulation is fixed. Air speed regulation is available upon request.
- All sections are fitted with bottom-up air circulation.
- Automatic air exhaust system with control of exhaust-air moisture.
- Fire extinguishing system, integrated in the dryer, available upon request.
- Automation system featuring PLC, PC and Touch-screen interface used to select the working cycle and to set the work parameters (recipes) in a user-friendly and intuitive way.
- Remote control, storage of alarms and their retrieval or transfer to the management systems are available.
- Low energy consumption thanks to moisture control of exhaust air
- Gentle, low-temperature heat treatment thanks to large drying surface
- Possibility to “equalize” moisture degree in finished product
- Compact construction
- All structures and conveyor belt made of stainless steel
- No possibility of product contamination thanks to lubrication-free conveyor system
- High mechanical reliability of conveyor
- Low cost of spare parts and maintenance activities due to utilization of high quality commercial components
- whole or diced/sliced vegetables
- whole leaf vegetables
- whole or diced/sliced fruits
- aromatic and medicinal herbs
- suitable for finishing/equalization of partially dried product