Discovery is an optical sorter with a very high resolution camera which inspects the product on the conveyor belt and is designed to check fruit and vegetables, both whole and chopped.
Any defects that these products might have (colour, foreign bodies, rotten parts) are detected by Discovery thanks to our inspection belt which is designed to stabilise the infeeding product to prevent it from rolling about during scanning, as this would produce unsatisfactory results.
The vision area and the ejection area are well-separated in order to guarantee impeccable selection, even over prolonged periods.
This optical sorter can be equipped with just one ejection air-jet system with 288 electrically operated ejector valves or, in the 3Way option, with two reject systems in order to differentiate a second product quality level.
Capacity: Up to 18 t/h
Machine length: 3640 mm
Width of inspection belt: 1771 mm
Speed of inspection belt: 120-240 m/min
Pixel size: 0.5x0.5 mmNumber of ejector valves: 288
Discovery is an Octa-Chromatic machine fitted out with the following technologies:
- NIR (Near InfraRed) technology to detect the presence of rotten matter or foreign bodies;
- Visible Colour analysis to detect colour defects such as green products, yellowing of the product, etc.;
- Chlorophyll analysis for scrupulous detection of foreign bodies in products containing high levels of chlorophyll (salad, peas, green beans)
- Translucence analysis to detect the presence of pits in dried fruit and of contaminating agents on the conveyor belt side;
- Shape analysis to detect stalks on the fruit and on the green beans. Any small pieces of scrap can also be removed thanks to this analysis.
Ethernet connection for remote access is available.The machine keeps statistical data on rejected products for the quality analysis of the raw materials selected.
- High production capacity: large quantities of product can be selected in a short time;
- Significant labour reduction (up to 100% depending on the application);
- High levels of product Quality and Safety which cannot be achieved with the use of labour;
- Reading of the qualitative and quantitative data of the raw materials analysed in real time;
- Automatic capturing and filing of the images of the rejected products for post-production analysis;
- Selection constant over time, even over 3 work shifts;
- Low maintenance costs;
- User-friendly software for ease of use and programming.
- Baby leaf salad
- Adult salad
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped Potatoes
- Rehydrated beans
- Whole and chopped green beans
- Chopped peppers
- Diced onions
- Peeled garlic
- Crisps and French-fries
- Diced peaches
- Diced pears
- Dried apricots
- Dried cherries
- Frozen berries
- Frozen cherries
- Sea salt
Structure in AISI304 or AISI316 stainless steel.