- Your Business
- Our Solutions
- Non Food
- Product Treatment
- Complete Lines
- Customer Service
- Spare Parts
- Overhaul, revamping & upgrade
- On-Site Maintenance
- Remote Assistance
- Service Contracts
- Customer Service
Discovery is an optical sorter with a very high resolution camera which inspects the product on the conveyor belt and is designed to check fruits and vegetables, both whole and chopped. Any defects that these products might have (colour, foreign bodies, rotten parts) are detected by Discovery thanks to an accurate analysis. The product is fed onto the inspection belt, which is designed to stabilise the product to prevent it from rolling about during scanning. The vision area and the ejection area are well-separated in order to avoid product splashes, so as to guarantee impeccable selection, even over prolonged periods.
This optical sorter can be equipped with just one ejection air-jet system with 288 electrically operated ejector valves or, in the 3Way option, with two reject systems in order to differentiate a second product quality level.
- Baby lettuce
- Cut carrots
- Cut potatoes
- Rehydrated beans
- Whole and cut beans
- Cut peppers
- Diced onions
- Peeled garlic
- Potato chips and French-fries
- Diced peaches
- Diced pears
- Dried prunes
- Dried apricots
- Dried cherries
- Frozen berries
- Frozen cherries
- Sea salt
- High production capacity: large quantities of product can be selected in a very reduced time
- Significant labour reduction (up to 100% depending on the application).
- High levels of product Quality and Safety which cannot be achieved with the use of labour
- Reading of the qualitative and quantitative data of the raw materials analysed in real time
- Automatic capturing and filing of the images of the rejected products for post-production analysis
- Selection constant over time, even over 3 work shifts
- Low maintenance costs
- User-friendly software for ease of use and programming
Raytec’s DISCOVERY is an optical sorting machine with very high resolution cameras able to examine the product on the conveyor belt. The system is used to check whole or cut agro-food products.
- Discovery is an Octa-Chromatic machine fitted out with the following technologies:
- NIR (Near InfraRed) technology to detect the presence of rotten matter or foreign bodies.
- Visible Colour analysis to detect colour defects such as green products, yellowing of the product, etc.
- Stem analysis to detect stalks or any other thin object in the product stream.
- Chlorophyll analysis for scrupulous detection of foreign bodies in products containing high levels of chlorophyll (salad, peas, green beans).
- Shape analysis to detect single pieces of fruit and green beans that are too small in comparison to the desired size. Any small pieces of scrap can also be removed thanks to this analysis.
- Ethernet connection for remote access is available.
- The machine keeps statistical data on rejected products for the quality analysis of the raw materials selected.
- Translucence analysis to detect the presence of pits in dried fruit and of contaminating agents on the conveyor belt side.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our latest news about innovative technologies, services or market trends.
Discover CFT Group’s Worldwide Events
CFT Group is attending more than 30 tradeshows and conferences this year… Discover where and when you can meet our worldwide team.
Discover New Market Trends
Sharing knowledge is crucial to lead innovation and always stay one step ahead. Our blog is regularly updated with important information. Don’t miss it!