- Your Business
- Our Solutions
- Non Food
- Product Treatment
- Complete Lines
- Customer Service
- Spare Parts
- Overhaul, revamping & upgrade
- On-Site Maintenance
- Remote Assistance
- Service Contracts
- Customer Service
CFT Group’s TSP steam peeling units have been designed and manufactured by the Group’s engineers to meet the extreme requirements and demanding duties of the peeled tomato and vegetable industry. The peeling machine TSP consists of the following components:
- Flight elevator for product feeding – it is moved by an inverter power ventilated gear motor. It can be fed by a hydraulic channel or a conveyor belt for dry product transfer;
- rotary valve for product infeed – it is moved by an inverter power ventilated gear motor and it is designed to meter product to the peeling body. The function of this valve is to keep the pressure constant inside the scalding area. The small amount of steam taken from the scalding area during valve rotor movement is recovered and transferred to the condenser;
- Peeling body consisting of a shell and tube featuring an internal feedscrew for product advancement. It is moved by an inverter gear motor. Direct steam is used for the scalding cycle. The parameters relating to the product holding time and the temperature can be edited using the control panel. The machine can thus be adapted to the work flow rate and to the type of processed product. The peeling body is tested at a pressure of 3 bar and it is available compliant with either the PED or ASME standard;
- Intermediate rotary valve – it is moved by an inverter power ventilated gear motor and it is designed to meter product to the vacuum body. The function of this valve is to keep the pressure constant inside the scalding area and the vacuum body;
- Vacuum body – this section is fitted with an inverter feedscrew which is used for product advancement. Coupling elements are provided and they are connected to a vacuum unit featuring a condenser and vacuum pumps. The featured technology causes the evaporation of the water particles between the fruit and the skin that form during product holding in the pressurised body. The evaporation process detaches the skin and prepares the fruit for the next processing step in the skin separators;
- Rotary valve for product unloading – it is moved by an inverter gear motor and it is designed to discharge tomatoes to the skin separator;
- Frame, made of stainless steel or galvanized steel, as required by the customer;
- Skin unloading conveyor with knurled rollers – it is moved by a gear motor connected to an inverter and it is designed to prepare the product for the next processing step in the skin separators;
- Mono pump with hopper – it is used to recover juice at the outlet of the unloading rotary valve;
- Automatic washing system;
- Electric control panel for machine operation using either a touch-screen monitor located on the panel or the PC fitted in the control room, as required by the customer.
The machine is fully automatic and its operation is user-friendly. The presence of an operator is only required on a limited number of occasions.
The machine was tested with alternative products to tomatoes, for instance with potatoes and carrots, and the tests have proved that it is suitable for a diversified range of process products.
The supply is completed with clear documentation and the CE certification of materials in contact with food, in accordance with the existing regulations.
- Great flexibility and process control
- High peeling efficiency due to a low product level inside the heating vessel and to the parallel steam flow which provides uniform heating
Discover CFT Group’s complete Processing Equipment for the Food Industry.
- The peeler can also work as scalder for products without a real skin and destined to peeling with brushe
- Product transfer speed fully controlled, from the elevator to the last star valve, to preserve maximum product integrity
- A vacuum chamber of appropriate size allows an optimal breaking of the skin
- An appropriate separator ensures the absence of skin in the condenser circuit and the cooling towers
WORKING CAPACITY: up to 50 t/h
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our latest news about innovative technologies, services or market trends.
Discover CFT Group’s Worldwide Events
CFT Group is attending more than 30 tradeshows and conferences this year… Discover where and when you can meet our worldwide team.
Discover New Market Trends
Sharing knowledge is crucial to lead innovation and always stay one step ahead. Our blog is regularly updated with important information. Don’t miss it!