Financial Analyst – Financial Planning and Analysis ATS
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst – Financial Planning and Analysis. The identified resource as a proactive member of the Products & Food Technology team, will be responsible for the coordination and consolidation of the annual operating plan and monthly outlook process, while also providing analytical and financial reporting support directly to Products & Food Technology segment and ATS’ Corporate finance department. They will be contributing to many aspects of the public company corporate finance role, with broad exposure to the challenges and rewards of global growth within the changing dynamics of the public equity markets.
Financial Analyst – Financial Planning and Analysis ATS
As a proactive member of the Products & Food Technology team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and consolidation of the annual operating plan and monthly outlook process, while also providing analytical and financial reporting support directly to Products & Food Technology segment and ATS’ Corporate finance department. They will be contributing to many aspects of the public company corporate finance role, with broad exposure to the challenges and rewards of global growth within the changing dynamics of the public equity markets.
The Financial Analyst – Financial Planning and Analysis will identify continuous improvement opportunities to simplify and make improvements from a controls, process and/or systems perspective to drive positive change within and across the organization.
ANNUAL OPERATING PLAN PROCESS
- Planning and coordinating the consolidated annual operating plans globally;
- Assisting divisional finance leads during the annual operating plan process and subsequent monthly analysis of variances.
- Assisting in building and maintaining business models, value drivers and key performance indicators, and benchmarking internally and externally;
- Consolidating the monthly outlook and providing analysis of variances between Actual, forecasted and plan results;
- Developing and updating monthly consolidated program reporting to identify trends, opportunities, and risk;
- Maintain consolidated funnel management analysis through the use of Salesforce.com and other internal reporting tools;
- Leading the Onestream CPM Financial Planning and Analysis development while creating various dashboards and reports to support both Corporate and divisional needs;
- Partner with Manager, Business Intelligence to increase accessibility to data in the divisions;
- Responding to inquiries from department leads and perform required analysis.
FINANCIAL REPORTING AND ACCOUNTING
- Assisting in the month end preparation of Corporate standard financial reporting;
- Assisting with account reconciliations and preparation of quarter end and year end audit working papers;
- Providing commentary on monthly and quarterly departmental variances and assist with financial reporting requirements as required;
- Developing and/or preparing ad hoc financial analysis as assigned.
INTERNAL CONTROL, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to in a consistent manner within the division and that the financial reporting standards are applied consistently;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of company policies and procedures;
- Ensuring the safeguarding of company assets.
- Ensuring that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct;
- Adhering to all health and safety rules and procedures.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Non-Management: All employees have the responsibility to work in a safe manner and report any health, safety or environmental concern to their manager or supervisor in a timely manner.
Employee responsibilities for Health, Safety and Environment include:
- Work in compliance with divisional health, safety and environmental procedures;
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through lockout-tag out methods;
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts;
- Report defect in any equipment or protective device;
- Ensure that the required protective equipment is used for the assigned tasks;
- Attend all required health, safety and environmental training;
- Report any accidents/incidents to supervisor;
- Assist in investigating accidents/incidents;
- Refrain from engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
- A post-secondary degree specializing in accounting, finance or equivalent;
- Working towards an accounting designation would be beneficial;
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting and/or financial analysis experience;
- Communicates effectively with people at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing;
- Able to effectively and concisely present financial information in a Powerpoint presentation for executive audiences;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Strong analytical, financial reporting and accounting skills;
- Has a sense of curiosity and able to ask questions and identify variances that require further explanation;
- Strong Excel skills and exposure to Onestream CPM considered an asset;
- Problem solving and analysis: understand the root-cause and define the scope of the problem, identifying strengths and weaknesses of alternatives and select/recommend appropriate solution;
- Must be hands-on, detail and results oriented and able to consistently meet deadlines;
- Must be able to closely review their own work and correct errors before reports are released.
Place of work: remote working with possibility of traveling abroad and using an office in Parma.
The job offer is intended to be addressed to one and the other sex in compliance with Legislative Decree 198/2006.